1 packet of butternut snap biscuits
1 can caramel
1 cup of double thick cream
1 teaspoon of icing sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- There are two ways you can make and get caramel; one is to buy the caramel straight from the shelf or as my Nan did by boiling condensed milk for 3hrs. I prefer the boiling method, purely for nostalgic reasons but I'm a sucker for convenience.
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Using a round mini muffin tray place butternut biscuits on each opening and place in the oven for 3 minutes. Whlist the biscuits are still hot, use a spoon to indent the biscuits to create a small well and allow to cool to shape.
- Using an electric beater whip together the icing sugar, vanilla essence and cream in a bowl until small peaks have formed.
- Spoon cooled caramel into the butternut biscuit well until desired and top with a dollop of whipped cream. You can eat them straight away or pop them in the fridge for later.
- Enjoy eating the left over caramel (if there is any!)