1 cup of crunchy peanut butter
1 cup of brown sugar, loosely packed
1 1/4 cup of plain flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
Handful of white chocolate melts
135g of butter (preferably room temperature)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
Handful of white chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. I used a non-stick cookie sheet which has been a great purchase from Spotlight.
- Grab your half eaten jar of peanut butter and like me come to the conclusion you'll need to buy more for this recipe. If you're prepare and have room temperature butter, mix well with the peanut butter. An alternative I found was to take my chilled butter and pop it in the microwave for a about 40 seconds.
- Mix in your brown sugar, vanilla essence and beaten eggs into the mixture until all combined.
- Sift in the plain flour and baking powder, mix well.
- Now for the fun part, grab a generous handful of white choc chips and blend well into the mixture.
- Using your hands, take a small handful of mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten with hand into small discs, to your desired shape and size.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool before decorating.
- Melt white chocolate melts, you can follow the directions on the back but if you're like me and live dangerously I use the microwave. Lay your cool cookies on paper towel, take a teaspoon of melted chocolate and drizzle generously over the cookies.
- Using a small amount of the edible hearts lightly sprinkle over the white chocolate drizzle. I keep the cookies in the fridge for a few days, or at least a few hours in my house.
- Enjoy liberally.